Content Nav Menu

Always Cool Pillow – But Does it Really Work?

By: cobinrox
on August 31, 2010 9:00 am

I found this on the Hammacher Schlemmer site — “The Always Cool Pillow”, $90.  I’ve tried a cool pillow that was on sale at a certain drug store a while ago that but was disappointed in it– you had to fill it with water and listen to sloggying noises (not to mention getting your head smashed into it).

The Always Cool Pillow is described as using a “fabric developed for NASA” and is filled with fabric, so no filling it with H2O.  Sounds promising.  Anyone tried it?

Comments

1. 1
    Fred says:

I haven’t tried this pillow but there is a funnier one: “The Arm Sleeper’s Pillow”.

2. 2
    Bob Deloyd says:

I thought this was going to be a review :(

3. 3
    Jono says:

If that pillow is as comfortable as it sounds, I may never leave the bed.

4. 4
    Fran says:

Yes, I got one this week from H-S. I was disappointed, to say the least. I found it no different from an ordinary $10 pillow. It gets just as warm as my old pillow.

5. 5
    blue pits says:

seriously a waste of money. Not only is it not as described, (not cool), it has a bad manufacturing smell to it.

6. 6
    sleepdog says:

Thanks for the review. I almost bought it.

7. 7
    B says:

Purchased the pillow at Costco, tried it for a week. 1. It was not cool. 2. It was not comfortable. 3. It smelled really bad (and the smell didn’t go away with time). The price would have been pretty good at $38, if the pillow worked like it was suppose to. I returned it after a week.

8. 8
    Larry says:

I got one for Christmas. Maybe because I didn’t know how much it costs, but I thought it kinda worked. It does get warm like other pillows but when you flip it over, it is super cold which I really like – so I am still using it. And I didn’t notice any smell. I also thought it was comfortable (medium density). If I knew it was $90 I would never have bought it. It’s not worth that much money. Maybe $38 would be worth it as mentioned above.