World’s Smallest Micro SDHC USB Card Reader

I have a tiny micro SDHC card in my phone.  To be able to use it with my computer’s built-in card reader, I have to put the micro SDHC into an adapter that  looks like a regular SDHC card – which means I have to keep up with that adapter.  USBFever has an adapter that’s the size of those “nano” wireless adapters for keyboards and mice.  This is so tiny, you could leave it plugged into a free USB port – even when you put your laptop into a bag.  The Micro SDHC USB card reader is $9.99.  Shipping to world-wide destinations is only $2.99 per order!

Posted in: Gear, News

7 comments… add one

• Eric August 12, 2010, 5:38 pm

I bought mine off amazon for around $5. They are awesome, and way cheaper and smaller than thumb drives. It also has a bright blue led when plugged in. They have white ones for $3.99 + $4.98 shipping at Amazon. They are are called Elago Nano.

• Jackie Cheng August 13, 2010, 12:11 am

I have the SIIG microSD card reader. It’s the same size. $5 also. Love it!

• Geg August 13, 2010, 1:57 am

Does this reader work with a Mac also? The systems supported listed on USB fever only include Windows platforms.

• Bob Deloyd August 14, 2010, 8:06 pm

Wow, this would be very nice for Netbooks that don’t have much main memory. I got a Asus EEE 4G Surf that could benefit from this.

• Janet Cloninger August 15, 2010, 11:16 am

@Bob Deloyd The fact that this thing is tiny enough to always stay plugged in means that it would be almost like having a 2nd solid state drive permanently installed.

• Bob Deloyd August 18, 2010, 1:07 pm

@Janet Cloninger
    Yes that was my thought too. I have a little Bluetooth button that fits almost flush with my EEE 701 and I don’t have to worry about it breaking off when I throw it into my backpack. Plus this would free up my SD slot using it with my camera picture transfers :)

• Snapper December 28, 2010, 10:32 am

This is great, although it’s a shame the microSD slot couldn’t be on the other end of the adapter, that way you could leave the slot inserted in the USB port and change the microsd card without removing the adapter.