Hatcam HC10 Hat with Universal Camera Mount

If you’ve been looking for a hands-free video camera mount, look no further!  Adorama has the Hatcam HC10 hat with a universal camera mount on the bill that fits all tripod-compatible cameras and camcorders.  It’s intended for use with cameras that weight less than 7 oz.  With the Hatcam, you can record sports, hobbies, family events, and more while leaving both your hands free.  The Hatcam is available in forest green, realtree AP camo, khaki, and pink for $29.95.

Posted in: Camera Gear, News

13 comments… add one

• Julie June 17, 2010, 9:33 am

Ok, that just screams dork ;)

• Janet Cloninger June 17, 2010, 9:53 am

@ Julie, I agree. But hey, I needed a news item!

• Julie June 17, 2010, 10:47 am

@Janet I want you to review this item by walking around your town filming everyone :)

• Andy Jacobs June 17, 2010, 1:39 pm

This either came straight out of a Dilbert strip or is something that Mike from “Dirty Jobs” might wear. LOL

• Janet Cloninger June 17, 2010, 3:14 pm

@Julie Oh, no. I’m sorry, our camera weighs much more than 7 oz, so it wouldn’t be a fair review. Don’t I remember that YOU have one of those little Flip camcorders like they show in the picture? You could give it a much better review than I could! ;) :)

• Julie June 17, 2010, 3:17 pm

@Janet Darn you and your inhuman memory! ;)

• Janet Cloninger June 17, 2010, 3:25 pm

@Julie Mwaa-haaa-haaa!

• RainyDayInterns June 17, 2010, 5:55 pm

You know… we would be all over it if it was a head band instead of a hat. Just can’t deal with the whole hat-hair look :-)

A head band with LED lights on both sides would help illuminate the scene for night shooting…while we are riding our Segway!

• Julie June 17, 2010, 6:45 pm

@RainDayInterns Wow, that’s dork dedication at its finest! I salute you.

• Mark June 18, 2010, 4:25 am

This could be just the ticket for my upcoming storm chase trip…but my camcorder is a little too long for this. Plus…I want a little more control than this can have. How can you know what you are pointing at? Interesting concept, but still a bit rough.

• Janet Cloninger June 18, 2010, 5:22 pm

@Mark I guess you’d be pointing at whatever is 6-8 inches above your eye level – assuming that your hat is on straight and the tripod connector is tight enough that your camera can’t slip around. I was surprised to see them say you could put a regular camera up there. Most cameras that weight 7 oz or less probably don’t have remotes or wired controls so you can snap pictures.

• LivetoHunt June 22, 2010, 9:52 am

Here’s a link to the Hatcam demo video I stumbled across. This system seems very practical once you get passed the goofyness of it. I’m going to look into getting one to film my pheasant hunting trips. Thanks for the post.

• George June 25, 2010, 12:53 pm

I bought one after using my friends a couple of months ago, and this thing is addicting. I tape everything now, and the goofyness is clearly outweighed by its practicality. I took my family to Disney and I was able to tape the whole thing while still being able to watch my kids enjoy their vacation….and i didn’t have to watch them through a camera lens either! It is also an eyecatcher, so I spent a lot of time explaining it to enthusiastic spectators.