Road ID could save your life

While originally designed for runners or bicyclists, anyone with an active lifestyle or profession or who wants some additional safety identification may want to have a look at Road ID.  The Original Wrist ID Sport (pictured) is a bracelet that features a laser-engraved plate for your emergency contact information that could help first responders in the event that you are involved in an accident.  It’s Velcro-adjustable and comes standard with two 3M reflective stripes to enhance your visibility when training in the dark.  Available in 6 colors and 3 sizes for $19.99 each.  Road ID also offers a host of other products designed to offer you some peace of mind when going about your activities.

Posted in: News, Outdoor Gear
  • Julie June 16, 2010, 11:24 am

I like the looks of this way more than old school medical bracelets.

• John Connolly June 16, 2010, 2:38 pm

This might be good for small children when visiting crowded places, like the zoo or amusement parks. If they get separated, Mom & Dad’s cell phone nos. are right there.

• Cyberg00se June 16, 2010, 4:28 pm

Hey look! They invented something that already exists: “Dog tags”

Military ID tags are more durable, and just as likely to be read (or not) as the bracelet is. Probably more so. The engraving looks cheap, like it would rub off. That could be a fault of the mock-up photo, but nothing would beat embossed dog tags for legibility.

Dog tags are more comfortable and cheaper.

• Lex June 16, 2010, 5:38 pm

This is quality stuff. It’s engraved so it couldn’t rub off. I’ve had my dog tag for a decade, plus the wrist and ankle version. The LED flasher lights they sell are outstanding for runners & bikers too. I got the red and blue. For a single LED it puts out a great amount of light.

• Ryan June 17, 2010, 8:07 am

I had a metal Road ID tag that was laced in to my shoe strings. The letters did not fade or scratch over time.

• William Gallant June 12, 2016, 12:24 pm

Great Idea! Lets take it one more step by creating a red band with medical information. I live in Washington state and children have wanderer away from campsites, perhaps a beacon band to signal rescue personnel. I belive there is potentially more ideas to expand upon.