Amazon will soon be releasing a software upgrade which should provide a solution to one of the annoying nuisances of the device: the lack of a decent way to organize items. Currently, items on the Kindle are listed without sophisticated organization. Additionally, a zoom feature for PDF files is supposedly on its way. Currently, the only way to zoom PDF content is to rotate the Kindle to landscape mode.
From the Amazon Kindle information site, here is the list of features to look forward to:
- Collections: Organize your books and documents into one or more collections.
- PDF Pan and Zoom: Zoom into PDFs and pan around to easily view small print and detailed tables or graphics.
- Password Protection: Password protect your Kindle when you’re not using it.
- More Fonts & Improved Clarity: Enjoy two new larger font sizes and sharper fonts for an even more comfortable reading experience.
- Facebook & Twitter Posts: Share book passages with friends on Facebook and Twitter directly from your Kindle.
- Popular Highlights: See what the Kindle community thinks are the most interesting passages in the books you’re reading.
I hope they also include a fix for the problems with the back button.