Griffin iFM adds radio to your iPhone or iPod

So your iPod or iPhone’s got your personal music collection.  And it’s got streaming music through Pandora.  But what if you want good ol’, low-tech local FM radio on your iPhone or iPod?  Till now, there’s been no good solution, but Griffin‘s iFM may have solved that.  Plug iFM into your iPod and it wakes up the Apple radio control software already embedded in your iPod. You’ll see a new main menu choice: Radio.  Then plug your favorite headphones into iFM and you’re good to go.  For iPhone or iPod touch, plug in iFM, and use Griffin’s iFM Radio Controller app (free in the App Store) to control your FM radio.  iFM also works with Griffin iFM Radio Browser.  $39.99.

Posted in: iOS, News
  • ptrader April 26, 2010, 5:12 pm

Please tell me I’m not stuck with those painful earbuds on the iFM?

• Andy Jacobs April 26, 2010, 10:25 pm

@ptrader – Actually, you plug the iFM into the iPod or iPhone, then plug whatever headphones you want into the iFM.

• Tim May 2, 2010, 1:24 am

Forget these, I tried them, they suck. Terrible. Worst product I have bought in several years. I should have bought the George Foreman grill.

• Andy Jacobs May 3, 2010, 1:45 pm

@Tim – Really, you’ve tried this already? It’s only been out for about a month. What about it is so terrible and how does it compare to the George Foreman grill?

• LAWYSE May 11, 2010, 5:27 pm

What FM transmitter(s) are compatible with my ipod touch 3rd gen?

• Hayward May 15, 2010, 11:46 am

It’s not terrible, works just fine, I just wish it was iPad compatible also! WTF Griffin????

• tony December 25, 2010, 9:30 pm

• Domingo May 30, 2013, 3:48 am

But, internet radio offers a whole lot more than just your favorite
    music online. Unlike broadcast radio which is an audio-only medium, Internet radio stations are free to
    offer interactive programming and can include images, animation, and even video.
    Kevin Smith is a stand up comedian known for directing
    feature film comedies like Clerks, Dogma and Jersey Girl.