While the rest of the world is busy drooling over the newest edition to the Cupertino family (see previous posts from Julie and Andy), there are, in fact, other interesting additions to our beloved world of gadgetry. Case in point: the BDP-S770 Blu-Ray player from Sony.
This isn’t your grandma’s Blu-Ray player, boasting a bevy of features that place the BDP-S770 in a class all its own. 3D capabilities, built-in Wi-Fi, integrated Bravia Internet Video Link (streaming Netflix, Pandora, Slacker Radio, Amazon Video On-Demand, etc), not to mention the ability to control the player from your iPhone or iPod Touch! (My Apple contribution for the day – whoo hoo!)
The unit is scheduled to be released this Summer – pricing is not yet available.
Full system specifications below:
• Blu-ray 3D™ Playback
• BRAVIA® Monolithic Design
• Full HD 1080p single-disc Blu-ray disc™, DVD, SA-CD, CD player
• BRAVIA® Internet Video and BD-LIVE™
• IP Content Noise Reduction
• Built-in Wi-Fi® Wireless (802.11) with Wi-Fi® Protected Setup (WAP)
• Entertainment Database Browser with Gracenote technology
• BD Remote (iPhone®/iPod touch® remote control – free app.)
• DVD upscaling to 1080p with Precision Cinema HD Upscaling
• Dolby® TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio™ decoding
• Photo/Music/Video Playback via USB and DLNA®
[Courtesy of Gizmodo]