So far no iPhone MMS joy for me

iphone-mms2While everyone else out there in AT&T land is rejoicing in their iPhone MMS bliss, I’m sitting here pressing the RETRY button on my iPhone 3GS over and over. I synced the carrier update through iTunes without mishap. Rebooted my iPhone twice and have tried sending a couple pics to a Verizon number but alas, the status bar gets almost to the end and then…stops. Life is so unfair sometimes. Ok, it’s not that dramatic, but still 😉 I’ll try again later.

Posted in: iOS
  • Amy September 25, 2009, 8:37 pm

I had the same issue. Havne’t successfully sent one yet..and I tried to send it to other At&T phones…on the same account, in the same house, you name it. Nothing. It goes a little more than 3/4 of the way and stops. Very frustrating after such a long wait!

• Bill September 25, 2009, 8:47 pm

That’s been my experience as well. Press send on an MMS message, watch it get to 95% or so, then poof, error.

I was told by two different AT&T CSRs that in order to receive an MMS an AT&T customer must have a Text _and_ a Data plan. My wife has text-only, and she was my test subject (to see if the CSRs were telling the truth), so I wondered if the errors was because AT&T and the iPhone was detecting that she could not receive MMS.

• Jackie Cheng September 25, 2009, 8:48 pm

I’m having the same problem on the iphone 3G. Maybe network overload from all the other AT&T customers that are rejoicing on the long waited MMS.

• Rich September 25, 2009, 9:11 pm

Try resetting your phone that’s what worked for me

• Adam Scinto September 25, 2009, 10:10 pm

It took a little while for mine to ‘activate’ too- I had the camera icon after my first restart but kept getting the same message. I ended up turning my phone off and leaving it off for 15 minutes. After that it worked!

• Adam Scinto September 25, 2009, 10:38 pm
    • Julie September 25, 2009, 10:43 pm

I reset my phone three times now and am still having the same problem. I’m giving up for the night and will try again in the morning. I’m going to go dream about successful MMS messages. 🙂

• Gary September 25, 2009, 11:23 pm

Worked the first time for me. I have a 3G and at my home only Edge access.

• Aybara September 26, 2009, 12:40 am

Sorry to hear about your woes.

I was one of the few who started being able to MMS about a week ago. Was sending an SMS to the wife and saw a camera icon. She still had to wait until today.

• JJ September 26, 2009, 5:09 am

Feel sorry for you.

• June LaRose Reich September 26, 2009, 8:38 am

I just read this article on the USAToday technology blogs that the iPhone just got the MMS program to send & receive TODAY!
    It gives instructions. Connect iPhone to iTunes. Reboot iPhone and ta-dah!!

• Michael Acord September 26, 2009, 10:46 am

Verizion – Got your MMS working yet?

Me – No, its loaded but gives me an error

Verizion – Goooooooooooooooooooood

• Julie September 26, 2009, 11:20 am

It’s working now! 😀 wheeeeeeee! Now I can be one of the cool kids 😉

• kevin duck September 26, 2009, 11:26 am

I have att and it workd for me first time…. just waiting for the first month billing to give the phone its first impact therapy toss.

• Jackie Cheng September 26, 2009, 11:45 am