Dexim Folding Power Dock for the iPhone and iPod

Dexim is announcing the new P-Flip Foldable Power Dock product line. The P-Flip is the world’s first foldable, portable, multi-functional and rechargeable power dock compatible with the latest iPod and iPhone models. The P-Flip has a 2000mA Lithium Polymer Battery that is capable of extending talk time up to eight hours, video time up to 15 hours, or audio playing time up to 80 hours. Users can flip the compact dock horizontally or vertically for hands-free video viewing or fold it for easy storage while ensuring. It’s available now for $54.95.

Posted in: iOS
  • Mike September 22, 2009, 4:05 pm

Video is usually played in landscape mode. This doesn’t look like it supports that, but looks like a nice unit otherwise.

• Julie September 22, 2009, 4:36 pm

@Mike Actually it does. They have a picture on the Dexim site showing the iPhone in landscape orientation with the dock connected.

• Deni September 23, 2009, 3:11 am

Couldn’t find it anywhere for the 54.95. There are only 3 available sources to purchase from, Brookstone at 69.95, and the other 2 retailers (Target & RichardSolo) do not show it in their inventory.

I probably would have ordered one if I could have found it at the MSRP, but I’m not gonna pay $15 over plus shipping.

If you know of any other sources to purchase, I’d like to know about them.

• Julie September 23, 2009, 7:37 am

@Deni I’ve noticed these pricing discrepancies between Dexim’s site and their retailers before. It seems like they always display a cheaper price than it can be purchased for. Hmmmm…

• Deni September 23, 2009, 1:36 pm

Huh…maybe they are posting their wholesale pricing, because they do not retail their products themselves. I guess that would make the most sense. I’m just not sure I like it $70 worth as much as I like it $55 worth.

• Joe M September 23, 2009, 7:49 pm

Ahh, does it allow for docking an IPhone with a case?

• Julie September 23, 2009, 8:05 pm

@Joe It looks like it would just depend on how thick the case was on the bottom. The pictures look like the connector just sticks out of the module, so there isn’t a molded dock.