A folding ballpoint pen that fits in your wallet

foldzflat-pen

The Foldz Flat Pen is a stainless steel writing instrument with leather trim that folds down to the size of a credit card, for easy storage in your wallet. The design is interesting, but I’m not sure how comfortable it would be to write with due to the triangular shape that it folds into. I think I should do a series of wacky but useful pen reviews, what do you guys think? :)

Posted in: Gear, Wallets

7 comments… add one

• Bruce Kenmir July 10, 2009, 1:36 pm

YES, I would like to see that as I’m a pen junky!

• Toby Curley July 10, 2009, 2:07 pm

I saw this in a plastic incarnation previously on Cool Tools:
    Unfortunately, the $25 price tag for the stainless version seems excessive. The plastic ones are sort of cheesy, but when you really need a pen…

• Cliff Tuttle July 11, 2009, 8:55 am

Julie:
    What an awful idea. My wallet is full enough with all of the other stuff. There are a multiplicity of ways to carry pens, including in a side pants pocket.

As to other gadget pens, I have yet to see one that I would own and use. A weapon pen might be nice to have at hand on the right occasion, but I might be subject to arrest for not declaring it during my daily walks through the security magnometers in the courthouses.

Cliff Tuttle
    Pittsburgh Legal Back Talk

• qwerty017 July 11, 2009, 1:38 pm

I actually had one of these. It worked great for about a month and probably would have worked even longer except for the small problem that those wings are very thin and prone to bending. After about a month of carrying mine around, while it still wrote fine it just did not feel right anymore and I ended up throwing it away.

• Mark July 11, 2009, 6:27 pm

The Fisher bullet space pen defines the standard for pocket pens. all others seem pale in comparison.

• Mark Adkins July 12, 2009, 4:38 pm

Ditto on the Space Pen, but I do think this looks like a fun thing to try.

The plastic version looks like an interesting idea- I have this vision of “Official Gadgeteer Folding Pens” for sale, or as a part of a ‘Gadgeteer Survival Pack’.

• Julie July 12, 2009, 9:04 pm