Content Nav Menu

Stainless Steel Wallet

on April 6, 2009 6:56 am

stainless-wallet

Here’s another interesting product from Hammacher Schelmmer. It’s a wallet that is made of woven stainless steel threads. Besides resisting stains and stretching, it also resists radio-frequency hacking of newer credit cards.

Comments

1. 1
    Bryan says:

The biggest knock on this wallet is that it is not very durable and won’t stretch to accommodate a lot of cards. They actually have a redesign where the fold is not metal. Sharp looking wallet though.

I am a wallet pack-rat, so it won’t work for me, sadly.

2. 2
    Nathan says:

Not durable? Please explain what you mean here, as to my knowledge steel is very durable, even when woven in a fibrous form

3. 3
    peter says:

how much and where can i get it

4. 4
    Julie says:

@Peter It is $89.95 at the Hammacher site.

5. 5
    Ort2007 says:

Like Bryan has said, it is not very durable.

I used to own a stainless steel wallet because of its novelty but it did break after just ~3 months of use to me. The folding part and one of the corners were actually tearing apart. I also had some trouble putting some cards in it. But I can’t recall if it’s the same brand…

While it may not have stains, it shown quite a lot of “metal wrinkles” after some use (and with the shadow/lighting and its greyi-sh colour — it just looked like stains to me).

In the end I went back to leather wallet but I do miss the thinness of it.

6. 6
    Jerry says:

I carry an aluminum card case ($5) that will shield rf.

7. 7
    James says:

dirfwear makes wallets using the faraday’s cage concept, so has RF blocking layer sewn in but is otherwise a regular leather type wallet. Quite a bit simpler than having the whole wallet made of medal.

http://www.difrwear.com/products.shtml (has video demos)

Though those aluminum card cases are pretty good too and help prevent card bending over time.

8. 8
    Teemu says:

Do anyone know is it possible to buy gary scott titanium wallet from anywere? I would die for that. Even used one would do.