Spotlight Gadget – Sony HBH-IS800 Wireless Stereo Bluetooth Headset

Get rid of the pesky cord that normally comes with headphones and go wireless by using Sony’s lightweight Bluetooth headset with any compatible A2DP phone.  Incredibly stylish, the headphones don’t look like the normally uncomfortable and clunky Bluetooth headsets, but they are simply regular, sleek headphones connected by a short cable. The stereo sound will do your music justice and there’s no loss of audio quality just because it’s played wirelessly. With its great design, convenience, and sound, Sony’s HBH-IS800 headphones are a must-have for any music enthusiast on-the-go.

Posted in: Bluetooth Gear, News
  • Joseph Kim, MD, MPH March 18, 2009, 9:41 pm

Wow, $200 retail! What type of battery life do these have? Sony indicates a talk time of 4hrs, so is that the same as listening time?

• Jimmy Leung March 19, 2009, 5:27 am

I’ve been eyeing these for quite awhile and was THRILLED to learn the iPhone 3.0 firmware will finally support A2DP. So, until the firmware is released, I will continue to eye on them.

• Ryan March 19, 2009, 8:16 am

I have always liked the idea of A2DP. I just dont like the look or feel of the headsets that are out today. I have the motorola behind the neck bluetooth headphones. Sound is great. I love walking around the room without having to carry my phone or ipod. The feel of it though was a turn off. It fit in my ears but material was so stiff that there was no give when I tried to stretch my head back. Hopefully with the sony ones, there is enough slack to move my head around. And if you don’t know, sony actually makes some great sounding headphones for the portable gadgets like phones and ipods. IMHO.

• WillN March 19, 2009, 9:57 am

While these may be great with music, I anticipate a lag when watching videos.

• Jackie March 20, 2009, 9:11 pm

@ WillN:

No lag at all as long as you stay within the 30 feet. I have the other A2DP headphones from Sony. The DR-BT50 which works great and have a nice bass to the music. I’ve used that with my laptop and also the Samsung YP-P2 mp3 player.

“lag” usually happens on the unit that is playing the video which can’t sync the output of the bluetooth with the timeline of the video.

• WillN March 23, 2009, 4:33 pm

@ Jackie
    Cool, thanks. My old anycom + Axim x51v had pretty bad lag with coreplayer. Hopefully it works well with my Xperia.

• Bret July 7, 2009, 11:06 pm

I purchased these to use with my Palm Pre. The hands free phone function works but Sony is telling me they are not compatible with music played on the pre. When playing music it clips and does not smoothly stream to the wireless headset.

• inbox July 13, 2009, 6:14 pm

Too bad that the vol control doesn’t work on 3GS.

• Jackie July 26, 2009, 1:07 pm

Are these sweatproof? I need something for running.

• Stadiz August 9, 2009, 2:58 pm

add jackie,

this product works perfectly for sports (biking, running etc..)

awesome product.

although i wonder is it easy to connect them at your notebook?