New online geek comic just launched

A new online comic launched yesterday that will appeal to all the IT geeks out there:

There are only two strips so far, but it might be fun to keep an eye on. Reading the strip requires a Windows plug-in for Internet Explorer…

I haven’t read many comics online, are there any good ones out there that I should know about?

• obscurestooge January 30, 2008, 4:04 pm

Nope, not loadin’ some MS thingy just to read a comic. Does it even work with Firefox? What about you Mac folk?

Anyway, for geeky comix (no plug-in required), I like xkcd and Penny Arcade.

• Paul Biba January 30, 2008, 4:23 pm

Check out Girl Genius. Great fun and wonderful artwork. Unfortunately you really should go back to the beginning to follow the story. I just found this last week and literally took most of a whole day to read it on line. I then ordered all 6 books.

• Julie January 30, 2008, 4:41 pm

Yeah, no love for us Firefox and Mac people… :o(

I’m going to check out everyone’s suggestions. Thanks :o)

• FubarGuy January 30, 2008, 7:43 pm

Well, I took the hit and dived in & installed the plugin on 10.4 with Firefox/Safari.

Good News: Works fine, although I don’t see anything that really needs the bloated plugin.

Bad news: Not much there to warrant the trouble. Maybe the comic wil get better, but since it’s hosted directly by Microsoft, can there be any doubt it will turn into a plug for one of their products?

Hmm, how do I remove that plugin…

• Sean Inglis February 1, 2008, 7:38 pm

I think you might find that a dependency on installing Silverlight is the sole purpose of the comic – MS is desperate to promote it’s use.

• Smitty February 2, 2008, 11:25 pm

Yeah, as soon as I saw the microsoft home page and the sterile drawing style (let alone the “techno weenie woman in the kitchen while the he-man techno marvel ignores her while surfing” plot line/traditional role model stereotypes) I ran for the hills. No need to load anything from M$.

I agree with stooge above about xkcd! That’s my all time fav.